Car Raid

Notes:
Uncle Turun: Ask about the picture of his daughter (Vishwa)
Questions:
  • What car do you own?
I own the 2016 version of the Mercedes Benz.
  • How neat would you describe your car?
I think my car is not messy at all, i am very picky about how the car looks and clean it every month from the outside and the inside. There are things i would say are necessities that many people might think is trash.
  • What is one item you always keep with you?
I keep many items with me whenever I go to work, the store, office and much more but it would be my wallet and I always wear a necklace or chain that my mother bought me before she passed away. The chain means a lot to me it’s a piece of her on me.Your dad has a chain too but his is a silver chain. However the most heart-touching is the picture of your cousin in the hospital.
  • Why do you keep a picture of my cousin (his daughter)?
I keep a picture of my daughter or your cousin because I like to keep her on my mind when she is getting chemo or in the hospital. She is a fighter, Leukemia is a cancer that she has had for the past six months. Leukemia makes it a struggle for her immune system to fight infections. She is strong and she will get through it, having her picture around allows me to remember her and pray for her when she is at a tough time in her life.
  • How does keeping her picture make you feel?
Keeping her picture from every year just makes me feel so luck and special because she is growing up so fast and she is strong because she is not letting her struggle stop her hobbies and personality.
  • How does keeping her picture make her feel?
She is happy, when I tell her I have her picture, she smiles so big. In a way I think it makes her confident because I can’t always be with her due to work but having the pictures shows that I am still supporting her.


Story:
It was 9 am in the morning, an hour before my uncle, Turun Patel was going to the hospital to deliver food to his daughter, Vishwa. I got the car keys from the side of his desk and went into his 2016 Mercedes Benz.


I searched through the trunk and was lucky to find a HEB bag, I slowly moved into the backseat and still couldn’t find anything valuable. I opened the front door of the passenger seat, no luck, my only chance was to look at the front seat of the driver's seat, I found a picture of Vishwa.


“I keep many items with me whenever I go to work, the store, office and much more but it would be my wallet and I always wear a necklace or chain that my mother bought me before she passed away,”  Patel said. “However the most heart-touching is the picture of your cousin in the hospital.”


My uncle keeps pictures of his daughter to remind himself that she will be able to fight cancer. Vishwa has been diagnosed with Leukemia since she was 9 she is currently 11.


“Leukemia makes it a struggle for her immune system to fight infections. She is strong and she will get through it, having her picture around allows me to remember her and pray for her when she is at a tough time in her life,” Patel said.


He keeps pictures from ever year of her life. It helps my uncle to see the progress that she is making.


“Keeping her picture from every year just makes me feel so lucky and special because she is growing up so fast and she is strong because she is not letting her struggle stop her hobbies and personality,” Patel said


Patel hopes that when she keeps her thought with him she will feel more confident and hopeful that her journey will turn out alright.


“She is happy, when I tell her I have her picture, she smiles so big. In a way I think it makes her confident because I can’t always be with her due to work but having the pictures shows that I am still supporting her.”

Comments